From: Robert [mailto:rns@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:44 PM
To: Oxenberg, Barry
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] can use help upgrading....

Barry,

Though Suse is a very good distribution they use custom paths and
proprietary code, I suggested Ubuntu because it is derived from Debian.

Ubuntu can be downloaded for free.

Ubuntu will allow the ease of Suse but at the same time give you
applicable information for your current distribution.

Your safest route for upgrading your existing server is using a package
manager, Debian and Ubuntu both use apt-get and dpkg (Natively).

In linux there is a nifty tool, man (Manual).

This will provide documentation about a program if it is available.

man apt-get
man dpkg

Imaging is a very good idea.

In regards to the lines being dropped, getting Lee the logs would be a
big help.

Linux has a command line FTP program just as windows.

Browse to the log directory

use the following syntax to copy the log file to an ftp server:

ftp ftp.sevrer.com
user
pass
prompt n