Re: [hylafax-users] 2.6 kernel and Multiport boards (MainPine)

Robert wrote:

Is anyone running this setup in a production environment?

Yes, I run MainPine cards in production environments with the Linux 2.6 kernel and not using the "multiport latch".

However, as I cannot speak for MainPine and as I am not intimately associated with Linux kernel serial driver development I cannot give you any kind of authoritative answer or explanation with regards to the importance (or not) of the "multiport latch".

If so what are your experiences, is it stable?

It works fine for me. On both of those systems so far this month they are at a 0.001 error ratio (errors per pages received), and that's quite normal for most of the production systems that I administer. So in my cases the multiport latch is not apparently affecting anything negatively the way it is natively. However, only very rarely would all ports on the card be receiving faxes simultaneously, and they are - for the most part - receive-only environments.