Re: [hylafax-users] If you were buying an external modem for hylafax....

On Mon, 1 May 2006 11:54:11 -0500 <waskelton4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm setting up a new hylafax server on a suse OSS 10.0 box and have the opportunity to buy a new modem.
> anyone out there have any rock-solid ones they use?  (i.e.  what is the absolute most compatible external modem you've found??)

rule number one, don't buy USRobotics

rule number two, safest hardware that will be compatible is serial modems (not USB, or PCI, etc)

rule number three, test it before you buy it

I'm using an old serial Diamond SupraExpress 56e Pro modem configured for Class 1.0.