I am using following softwares:

hylafax-4.2.5-1fc4

samba-3.0.14a-2

cups-1.1.23-15

cups-lpd-1.1.23-15.4

cups-libs-1.1.23-15

sambafax

I can send and receive fax.

When I setup sambafax as sambafax web site.

  1. Store the sambafax file (see below) in /usr/lib/cups/backend or where-ever your backend directory is.
  2. Gunzip it and rename it to sambafax, do not forget to chmod +rx sambafax
  3. Check the directories in the top of the script and amend them if needed.
  4. Add a new printer to cups with lpadmin -p SambaFax -E -v sambafax:
    Do not give a -m parameter. The -E parameter is omitted on some systems.
  5. I assume that your samba configuration shows all printers. If not, you have to modify your /etc/smb.conf (see below)
  6. Restart samba

[global]
        printcap name = lpstat
        printing = cups
        use client driver = Yes
        print command = lp -d%p -oraw %s; rm %s
        lpq command = lpstat -o%p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j
        queuepause command = disable %p
        queueresume command = enable %p
        printer admin = yourloginname

  [printers]
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
        show add printer wizard = yes

I can see any printer drive on hylafax server.

I search internet to help but not much.

I don’t know what is going wrong.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Ivan Lam

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions