Re: [hylafax-users] Debian upgrade from 4.2.2 - 4.2.5:

Mark Gillingham wrote:

>What an interesting question :)  I never thought of faxgetty or /dev requiring permission. How would I know? What would I change?

Debian does all sorts of interesting things with their distribution of
HylaFAX.

Let's take a look at the output of this command:

  ps aux | grep fax

Lee.

I have four hits on ps aux | grep fax:

/usr/sbin/faxq
/usr/sbin/hfaxd -uucp
/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1

No /usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS2! However, I saw from an earlier system log that faxgetty tried ttyS2 twice and then quit. Faxaddmodem appears to be able to talk with ttyS2 and so does cu, so setserial must still be good--it was before the upgrade. I don't yet think like a modem :)

Mark