Re: [hylafax-users] Pagechop does not chop pages

Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 08.03.06 16:54:20:

> christian79@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >I have found following variable in the pdf2fax script:
> >
> >unlimitedlength=no     # default to fixed length-pages
> >
> >Changing this to
> >
> >unlimitedlength=yes
> >
> >results into having TIFF files with the same page length as the original PDF file! This is a great advance for me, as I can send out via the sendfax command the TIFF files directly and with a correct pagechop.
> >
> >I don't know how that variable works, as I don't see a call for that variable in the script. But nevertheless... It is working. :-)
> >

> $unlimitedlength isn't used by anything by default... do you have a
> FaxModify script that sets $FIXEDWIDTH based on $unlimitedlength?

No I don't use a FaxModify script, it is not existing and at the moment I don't need it. What I have also done within the pdf2fax script is to comment out that line:
#FIXEDWIDTH="-dFIXEDMEDIA"

At least I think this is different to the original script, as I played around a lot here and I am not sure how this was set in the original script.

Christian