Re: [hylafax-users] USR 5610B

This post is kept entirely to myself. :p Problem solved, apparently I forgot to switch faxgetty's inital start to ttyS4 in init.d, it was still looking at LT0.

Jeff Schulze wrote:

New revelation: I noticed Hylafax is still infatuated with ttyLT0 even after i deleted it's config files in spool. perhaps it is looking to this modem to answer instead of ttyS4.. is there a way to tell it to get over LT0 and start useing S4? I tried faxanswer but that doesn't seam to work.

Jeff Schulze wrote:

Alright, first off, I know these modems are not well liked by the community, but, we were working well with a winmodem for a while, and after a system upgrade made me pull my hair out trying to get it to come up again, I purchased a USR 5601B controller based modem, and happily, got it to 'running and idle' on ttyS4. according to Hyla, everything is great; but when I call the modem, hopeing I can go home on this saturday morning, it does not answer. I have looked all over the archives searching for a sollution and no one will post what is the correct answer string; faxaddmodem set it to

ModemAnswerCmd: AT+FCLASS=1A

That sounds.. wrong. But thats what it says. Shouldn't it be ATA? Anyway, I know this is probably a simple solution, i'm just looking in the wrong place. Help is greatly appreciated!

btw, this is Hylafax 4.2, have not been brave enough to upgrade that too. :)

Thank you for your time!

- Jeff Schulze