Re: [hylafax-users] Unknown problem (check modem power)

Michele Petrazzo wrote:

Lee Howard wrote:

Michele Petrazzo wrote:

Feb 22 12:36:12.34: [14491]: <-- [20:ATX3DT0,0432XXXX@\r] Feb 22 12:39:12.34: [14491]: SEND FAILED: JOB 9267 DEST 0,0432XXXX ERR Unknown problem (check modem power)

The modem reset itself after the dial.  (Such is the fun that comes
with USR modems.)  That said, your dial command is a bit complicated,
and the dial command could be triggering the fault in the modem.  Try
using a more simple dial command and see if the same fault occurs.

Excuse me, but where it is so complicate?
ATX3DT0,number@ it's so complicate for a modem that cost 100€?
If I remove the "complications" (X3 and @), I can sand fax!

P.s. This problem happen one time every 20 (about). I'm doing too hard
work for this modem?

The dial command is probably not too complicated for most modems. However, USR modems are known to be less-than-ideal. Their price has more to do with their advertising and their name brand than it does with the quality of the modem.

I think that many of us, including me, can sympathize with you in your disappointment with a USR modem. I can't even count how many hours I have spent already and how many hours I'm likely to spend in the future, dealing with USR modem problems.