Re: [hylafax-users] winmail.dat in attachments

Hi there!

This is a known issue of MS Outlook and obviously MS Exchange,too.

See here: http://www.gpc.edu/~jbenson/resource/winmail.htm

Hope this helps...

Greetings from Berlin,Germany...

- Stevie -

M. de Ruijter schrieb:
L.S.

I recently tried to fix the JBIG issue with receiving faxes as corrupted TIF files. The TIF files in such cases are now properly stored and readable, however, for some reason the mail that is sent to the end user doesn't have tif extension, it is a winmail.dat file.

And thus it's not readable by my users, I am trying setting it back to pdf format now, but I'd like to know what is going wrong.

regards
mark