[hylafax-users] high %age of international faxes fail

I have been running a hylafax server for nearly 6 months now.

I have noticed that on an ongoing basis about 33% of international faxes fail.

Granted some of them are due to incorrect numbers but a big amount are definitely fax machines.

And usually the fax succeeds when sent via a real fax machine after hylafax has failed.

I have noticed that most failures are to countries which *may not* have the latest and greatest telecomm networks.

These are countries such as India, turkey, Ukraine, UAE. However contrary to this observation I noticed 44 of 79

faxes to the UK failed this month (not sure how many are wrong numbers).

Can anyone provide some more insight into how I can improve reliability for international faxing?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions