Re: [hylafax-users] Need recommendation for a cheap ISDN Solution

Slightly more on topic, ISDN Anlagenschluss is Point to Point mode (vs. Point to
Multi-Point mode).

From http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/i4lfaq-29.php:

Your ISDN interface can be configured either in multi-device mode (in German:
Mehrgeraeteanschluss), or in point-to-point mode (in German: Anlagenanschluss).
The multi-device mode is the normal connection mode for private ISDN users or
very small business users. The user can attach multiple devices to the ISDN
connection. The ISDN provider will assign a small number of fixed telephone
numbers (usually up to 10 MSN), if any, to the ISDN connection.

Given the desription, I think he's talking BRI rather than PRI. I'm not sure there are a lot of Active (i.e.: with DSP's that work with Hylafax) BRI adapters out there that are cheaper than the Eicon Diva Server cards.

Christian

Quoting Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Kib Eki wrote:

at the moment we have a well running Hylafax with a DIVA Server card.

But what will when this card breaks. A new card is expensive and so I am looking for a recommendation for a cheaper ISDN card which is able to work at a german ISDN Anlagenanschluss ( don't know how to translate it).

I don't know what ISDN Anlagenanschluss is, but the competitor product to the Diva Server that works with HylaFAX natively in the same fashion is the Patton 2977. These are less-expensive new, but they're also an older product, so you can also find them used.

-- Christian Watts EC Data Systems, Inc. 303.991.6020 - Voice 303.991.6021 - Fax