Re: [hylafax-users] Retry failed job?

Thanks Lee.  I'll probably whip up a short script to do just that.  Can I create the sendq file directly, or is it best to just resubmit via sendfax?

Robert Bauer

Lee Howard wrote:
Robert Bauer wrote:

Is there some magic I can do to make Hylafax retry a failed job?  I searched the archives, and this question has been asked before, but not really solved (that I could tell).  Some suggested using faxalter, but that only seems to be appropriate for active / queued jobs, not jobs that the server has given up trying to send.  I tried moving the q# file from doneq to sendq, and using faxalter, but still no luck.

It is possible for a client program to re-queue a job by reading the doneq file and creating a new sendq file using the relevant information from it.  However, none of the utility clients that come with HylaFAX currently do this, maybe some other 3rd party client programs do.

Thanks,