Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + Eicon PRI card stability / volume question

Guillaume Ross wrote:

I haven't been able to find pricing for the digital card, but can anyone give me a ballpark figure for both the Eicon and the Patton?

Usually the vendors of these products don't solicit the pricing on-line. They don't for various reasons, but the end result is that the vendor wants you to call them for pricing. (A bit like needing to sit down at the car dealer's desk before he'll talk price.)

When consulting most clients, I've not often been involved in the actual purchasing of the hardware, so I can't say for certain, but the last time I did get any pricing information without a commitment to buy the Eicon Diva Server looked to be about US$9000 and the Patton 2977 was about US$5000. (So, yeah, your monthly telco savings in digital for 7-10 channels better be worth it.) Now, someone who has more accurate pricing is certainly welcome to correct me, and then we'll all be better off. :-)

This said, I've been able to find used Patton 2977s for sale on eBay... for prices much, much less than the prices above. (The sale prices on 2977s on eBay have gone up considerably since I first started mentioning this here. Hrmm.)