Re: [hylafax-users] JBIG

Terry D. Boldt wrote:

I just ran .configure on 4.2.5. I noticed something - it output that JBIG support missing, disabling JBIG support. I noticed this on 4.2.4 also.

What is JBIG and should it be made avaible. 4.2.4 obviously worked without it.

JBIG is an image data compression method, much like MH, MR, and MMR are. However, JBIG is generally much more compact than is any of those. So, you'll save on long distance toll charges if you can use JBIG (both sender and receiver must support it). To see the finer details of how to get it going or what it's all about see:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/install.php#ss2.5

(Which currently is nearly verbatim the message I posted that Darren indicated already, however, the information at the link above is subject to updates, whereas the mail archive is not.)

Thanks,