Re: [hylafax-users] fax server must run with real uid root

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Joe <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060111 08:49]:
Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Joe <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060111 08:30]:
I updated to 4.2.5rc1 and now get these error messages on the terminal.
I start hylafax in rc.conf on freebsd with "hylafax start".  Any tips?

Jan 11 08:22:00 mail FaxQueuer[1017]: The fax server must run with real uid root.
Jan 11 08:22:00 mail HylaFAX[1018]: Configuration error; the fax server must run as the fax user "uucp".
What user are you when you are trying to start HylaFAX?

What user are you when you are running rc.conf?  hfaxd isn't setuid
root, so it won't magically change to root for you.

a.

rc.conf runs at startup before anyone logs in. I assume root here again.