Re: [hylafax-users] fax server must run with real uid root

* Joe <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060111 08:30]:
> I updated to 4.2.5rc1 and now get these error messages on the terminal.
> I start hylafax in rc.conf on freebsd with "hylafax start".  Any tips?
>
> Jan 11 08:22:00 mail FaxQueuer[1017]: The fax server must run with real uid
> root.
> Jan 11 08:22:00 mail HylaFAX[1018]: Configuration error; the fax server
> must run as the fax user "uucp".

What user are you when you are trying to start HylaFAX?

hfaxd must be started with euid == 0 (root), which means it will then do
a seteuid/setuit to the "uucp" user, or be runnign with euid of the
"uucp" user already (i.e. run from inetd/xinetd, etc).

faxq (and also faxgetty) must be run with uid == 0, so they can properly
escalate/drop to/from root/uucp when doing certain operations.

a.
--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103