[hylafax-users] Printing a custom header on each fax

I have set up hylafax and am about ready to deploy it.  For now, we are going to print all incoming faxes on a shared printer on the network.  I would like to have something like, “Linux Fax Server” printed at the top of each fax.  We don’t want users getting confused about what they printed and what has come in as a fax.  I’ve found that this is not a feature of hylafax, as the header string is passed from the sending fax machine.  I was wondering if anyone has found a way to do this anyway.

I have the following set up in my faxrcvd script:

/usr/local/bin/tiff2ps -a $FILE | lpr –Pmain-printer || \

                /usr/local/bin/tiff2ps -a $FILE | lpr –Pbackup-printer || \

                mutt -s "ERROR Printing" admin-email < $ERRORFILE

cp $FILE /mnt/newfaxes || (cp $FILE /lostfaxes && \

                mutt -s "ERROR copying" admin-email < $ERRORFILE2)

I have tried sending tiff2ps first to “pr,” but that doesn’t work because it isn’t an ascii file.

I tried

Echo “Linux Fax Server” > lpr && tiff2ps …etc

This printed “Linux Fax Server” all by itself, and then printed the fax normally on the next page.  Is there a way to have them print on the same page?  First print “Linux Fax Server” and then print the fax on top of it on the same page?  I just need some kind of a way to differentiate a fax from a user printed document.

Thanks,

Jim

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions