Re: [hylafax-users] Trying fax device '/dev/tty4c'... cannot open!

You're picking up the wrong 'sendfax' binary - that one is probably from mgetty. It's usually best to remove mgetty+sendfax from your system completely unless you need it to avoid confusion like this.

-Darren

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski" <tkadlubo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Trying fax device '/dev/tty4c'... cannot open!

Thus wrote Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski:
Now I have a problem with sending a fax. Let me just paste:
$ sendfax  21 ~/doc400.ps
Trying fax device '/dev/tty4c'... cannot open!
Trying fax device '/dev/tty4d'... cannot open!
sendfax: cannot access fax device(s) (locked?)

I don't understand that. I searched in the HylaFAX configuration and found no
clue why it tries to access these devices. My modem is at ttyS0. My system
never even had /dev/tty4c or /dev/tty4d.

Ok. I discovered one more place where configurations is - /etc/mgetty+faxgetty.
Now sendfax knows which device to use.

I got this error now:
Trying fax device '/dev/ttyS0'... OK.
sendfax: not a class 2/2.0 fax modem

What can I do about it? How to use only class 1?
--
tadeusz