[hylafax-users] Problem with converting PS file...

Hello...

Yesterday we connected another part of users to Hylafax server using WHFC as
Windows client. All users have the same settings related with Hylafax/WHFC
(same printer: Apple PS 16/600). A few users sent all faxes without any
problems while other group simply couldn't - there was an error about
converting dokument with ps2fax command.

I found that if I run below command, there is sometimes problem regarding
fonts.

$PS -q \
    -sDEVICE=$device \
    -dNOPAUSE \
    -dSAFER=true \
    -sPAPERSIZE=$paper \
    -dFIXEDMEDIA \
    -r$hres\x$vres \
    "-sOutputFile=$out" \
    -

Workaround for this is to add "PS helper" before end converting:

$CAT $fil | $PS -q \
    -sDEVICE=pswrite \
    -sOutputFile=- \
    -dNOPAUSE \
    -dBATCH - \
    | $PS -q \
    -sDEVICE=$device \
    -dNOPAUSE \
    -dSAFER=true \
    -sPAPERSIZE=$paper \
    -dFIXEDMEDIA \
    -r$hres\x$vres \
    "-sOutputFile=$out" \
    -

In this example at first document (PS) is converted to PS (better format etc..
- taken from ps2ps) after then it is converted with default command.

For me it works.
Hope this help someone else if the problems occure.

BR,
Marcin