[hylafax-users] MainPine & Hylafax Problem with hunt group

>Hi Tom.
>
>Well the fact that the working line is not in a hunt group
MAY be relevant.
>The first thing you must do is try to identify where the
problem begins.
>Therefore, I would suggest the following;
>
>If you put a plain old handset on the working line what do
you hear ?  A
>continuous dialtone ?  If you move to one of the non working
lines is it the
>same ?  If not, why not ?

Yes, There is a continues dial tone.  These non-working line
are currently in used for production fax machine.  We are
receiving fax from these fax machine as I am writting this
email.   We plan to get rid of these fax machine and using
your modem instead.

>If the lines 'sound' the same then can you try using minicom
on both a
>working and non working line and dial a number that's not
connected with
>your setup (your cell would be good).  Does it ring ?  If
not, why not ?

>If this works then try calling the working and non working
line from your
>cell.  Do you see 'ring', 'ring' on the minicom consol ?  If
not, why not ?

I will try it just for your entertainment.  Just because we
are using those non-working line at this moment for production
data.  So I know they are working.

>You should be able to get this all working without much
difficulty.  If not,
>then can you get the telco to disable the hunt groups while
you diagnose the
>setup?  Can you also check whether you have Call Waiting,
Caller ID, or any
>other supplementary services enabled on the lines ?  You are
looking for
>anything that might be different between the working and non
working lines.

I call the telco and they said there are no different between
those line (working and non-working line).
The only thing different are:
working line=  single line
non-working line= 3 phone line in a hunt group

>Can you please confirm that the fax machine tests that you
ran were for both
>send and receive and on both the working and non working lines ?

Yes,  They are in use in production as I am writting this
email.  Yes, they can fax out as well.

You modem much not know how to hand the hunt group.

It critical to get the answer to this.  We are ready to switch
over and offcourse we can't do it with only one line.

We need to take the existing fax hunt group and move from
the fax machines into your MainPine modem.

Thanks much for look into this problem.

Tom

>Regards
>
>ANDREW RINALDI
>Mainpine Support Manager
>USA +1 718 701 2422 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 436137
>andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com

hunted group?