Re: [hylafax-users] Faxstate

Roper, Brent wrote:

This is a hylafax 4.2.2 beta1 that was built from source. It has 6 lines on it and is being used to receive and send. Faxgetty is running for all 6 lines. The problem I am having is when I use:

faxstate –s down ttyS0

faxstate –s down ttyS1

faxstate –s down ttyS4

or use the busy command it only works for a little while and then it starts sending out on all 6 lines again. The PID stays the same for faxgetty process.

Set your ServerTracing (both in the server config, etc/config, and the modem configs, etc/config.<devid>) to 0xFFF and see what's happening that makes the down state go away.

My guess is that there's an event (like an incoming call) that causes faxgetty or faxq to re-read the modem config file, which doesn't have the down state set there, and so the modem is re-enabled. In my limited experience using faxstate/faxconfig it doesn't work too well alone when faxgetty is running.

Then, if you'd like to see this resolved, I recommend filing a Bugzilla report.