Re: [hylafax-users] Notification mail attached file of outgoing fax copy

On 8/1/05, offman <offman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> you have  got them  encoded , with uuencoding!! ( normally used for
> email attachments)
> open them in a text editor
> and you will see :
>
> begin 644 tmp/conv2pdf26883.out
>
> run them through a convertor to get your file back.
>

> On Aug 1, 2005, at 1:36 AM, Nikos Zaharioudakis wrote:
>

> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have configured my hylafax server to attach a copy of the outgoing
> > fax of a client.
> > Since our mail server {postfix with always_bcc option enabled} keeps a
> > copy of all mails, we archive our faxes.
> > The proble is that the attached files are not readable {either in pdf
> > of tif format}. For you to take a look here is an example
> > http://nemesis.ee.teiath.gr/~ee2494/hylafax/
> > I am using  hylafax-4.2.1-1rhp rpm (on a CentOS 4.1). The rpm is taken
> > from the hylafax ftp server.
> > Please somebody tell me that the files are readable by you or 4 of my
> > computers are to be formated.
> > Thanx in advance.

[snip]

That's very nice of you.
Could you please point to some direction for help. You see what I got
as attachment, was produced by the hylafax set of scripts. Now let me
focus on the problem.
Do you imply that the mail client did not do his part right, or the
file was uuencoded by the hylafax script.

Best Regards,

--
Zaharioudakis Nikos

Linux for servers . . .

       Macintosh for graphics . . .

             Palm for mobility . . .

                   Windows for solitaire!
If speed kills, then Windows Users may live forever