Re: [hylafax-users] AW: searching for free Windows XP hylafax printer

Amal Phadke wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 09:40:42PM +1000, Kimble Young wrote:

  Sebastian,
  The  newer  version(s)  of  Winprint  Hylafax do fix up some bugs that
  creep  up  in XP so using the absolute latest version as you have is a
  good idea.
  IIRC  the  software  does  open  a  connection  to  the  server before
  displaying   the   number  dialog.  Checking  your  firewall  settings
  (outgoing connections to port 4559) as suggested earlier.
  As suggest. It definitely should work with XP. I've installed it on at
  least five machines with no problems.
  Sebastian K�sters wrote:

I'am sorry...it is not V. 1.1.1.0 .. it's 1.1.10 (the last one from
sourceforge).

I tried it on two Win XP Machines. Same "error" (nothing happend)

I too have exactly the same problem. I can successfully telnet to port 4559 of the server from Windows XP, but when I try to print to Winprint, the dialog box asking for fax number doesn't come up.

Thanks,

Amal

This is strange....

I mailed Sebastian Kösters WinprintHylafax 1.1.8 and he said all works fine with that version...

SEBASTIAN : Maybes get in contact with the mainitiner on Sourceforge and try and isolate the problem so that he can fix it. ?

--
Regards,

Ryan Budge
e-mail	:ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx