Re: [hylafax-users] CUPS support -- is it there?

Hi

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 15:10 -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> WHFC (after countless nightmares with M$ based fax packages). Now we are moving
> seats to Linux I need a way to print to FAX.  Sounds like the workaround is to

We put the fax numbers in the documents and use sambafax (running behind
LPRng instead of cups because it's much easier to set up) to
extract/send them. It's not as flexible as using a client program, but
also it means you don't need to use a client program and anything can
send faxes if it can print.

> D-bus is still young - may take some time before everyone gets on d-bus.

Not really, DBus is gaining ground very rapidly, almost every new
installation these days includes it as it's deeply embedded now in
things like Gnome and hotplug/udev type shenanigans.

Both my Fedora and Ubuntu boxes pop up little systray icons when I print
something, hack client support into that (it's called egg-cups) maybe?

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
IT Department

ICM Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.
---