Re: [hylafax-users] "Protocol error layer 1: Mostly your ISDN cable is not inserted."

Am 2005.07.18 10:27 schrieb(en) Daniel Siechniewicz:

I'm sending a lot of faxes using my AVM C4 ISDN card, hylafax 4.2.1
and Capi4Hylafax 01.02.02 + 2 ISDN lines, and I get a lot of errors
saying:

"Protocol error layer 1: Mostly your ISDN cable is not inserted."
I only use 3rd and 4th controller, and logs show, that jobs get
queued to faxCAPI31, faxCAPI32, faxCAPI41, faxCAPI42 (that's fine) and also to faxCAPI (no numbers). And this faxCAPI returns almost all of the ISDN errors. There's no such device defined in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/* (no faxCAPI without numbers), so I start to suspect another bug in capi4hylafax :). But the guys from AVM support seem to take time with the answer...

Hello Daniel,

when Hylafax routes some jobs to faxCAPI it seems to think you have a device faxCAPI.

What files config.* do you have in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/?

IIRC the capi4hylafax programs have a hard coded reference to the file config.faxCAPI, so you should have this file. To hylafax the existence of a file config.faxCAPI means you have a device faxCAPI. For Hylafax you need dummy config files config.faxCAPI31 etc. These may be links to config.faxCAPI or empty files. Hylafax does not read these files, it only checks for existence.

I think you must either use a device named faxCAPI in your config.faxCAPI or tell Hylafax not to use device faxCAPI for outgoing jobs. (if that's possible)

For help with AVM ISDN cards you can try this list:
linux-avmb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think it's a German list but I've seen some messages in English as well.

Bodo