Re: [hylafax-users] Detecting that a human answered the phone, not fax machine (ISDN, AVM C4)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:29:33 +0000
Bodo Meissner <bodo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is this possible to detect, that the call was answered by a human
> > being, not the fax machine, in order to prevent requeuing the job?
>
> If you use capi4hylafax I think you can't do anything.
> (Except if you understand the source code of capi4hylafax and change
> it yourself.)

Yes, I use capi4hylafax. Just tried to read the sources and I don't
think it's possible for me right now, to alter them in any manner
that wouldn't render them totally unusable :).

> I don't know if this is possible with a modem.

Well, it's an ISDN AVM C4 card with four lines (2 attached, actually).

> > Basically I don't want requeuing when it was ACTUALLY answered, now
> > I get:
> >
> > Connection dropped with Reason 0x3490 (Normal call clearing).
>
> Probably you could change capi4hylafax source code to return a
> differnt result code when the call was answered without fax
> negotiation. (That again requires you to understand how it works.)

Currently I'm trying to make hylafax actually accept the parameters
setting retry delay after different kinds of failures, but it just
doesn't seem to work, I wonder if it's because of hylafax, capi4hylafax,
or maybe it's just me and my misunderstanding of the documentation.

Even sending the fax with:

sendfax -n -I '3600' -d somenumber _file_

does not affect the SLEEP FOR 4:31 (this seems to be a random time
within the limit of 3-8 minutes or so, but since I use a switch to
make it 1 hour, something must be wrong).

All I can come up with now is that I will have to parse the log files
to detect the jobs that failed with a message like:

SEND INCOMPLETE: requeue for 4:37; An error occured while trying to
establish the connection.

(as when they fail due to a busy signal detected, the message is
different of course) and remove the jobs with faxrm. But this sounds
soooo wrong.

Does anyone have at least a little less ugly idea?

--
Z poważaniem,
Daniel Siechniewicz