Re: [hylafax-users] Detecting that a human answered the phone, not fax machine (ISDN, AVM C4)

Am 2005.06.29 16:20 schrieb(en) Daniel Siechniewicz:

Yes, I use capi4hylafax.

You probably won't get much help here because capi4hylafax does not work like a modem or like other ISDN cards that simulate a fax modem interface.

Just tried to read the sources and I don't
think it's possible for me right now, to alter them in any manner
that wouldn't render them totally unusable :).

I only understood the code to read and write the q-file. Don't know how the real faxing works.

All I can come up with now is that I will have to parse the log files
to detect the jobs that failed with a message like:

SEND INCOMPLETE: requeue for 4:37; An error occured while trying to
establish the connection.

(as when they fail due to a busy signal detected, the message is
different of course) and remove the jobs with faxrm. But this sounds
soooo wrong.

Try to find out how capi4hylafax communicates this error message to Hylafax. Maybe it's in the q-file.

You could write a wrapper script that calls c2faxsend and then analyzes and modifies the q-file to tell Hylafax it should not retry the job. (If you don't find a suitable result code you could set a retry counter to a high value to make Hylafax think it has reached the retry limit.)

Bodo