Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax with Dell PE2850 und SuSE

No, it's not compatible. Even the slot does not fit.

I installed a modem to the server now hoping that it is enough to do the job.

By the way, hylafax sends all pages in 21x22cm an not in DIN A4 like I would like it. Where to fix this?

Thanks, Christoph

Kimble Young schrieb:
Isn't PCI-X backwards compatible with PCI?

Wouldn't that mean you can use standard PCI cards in the slots?

It would slow the other cards down to 33MHZ but if you have multiple buses just isolate the card on its own bus.

I'm only going off hear say. I've never actually laid hands on a PCI-X machine.

Regards,

Kimble Young

Christoph wrote:

Hello,

I'v a problem that seems to be rare because i cannot find any information
on the net about it:

It's a Dell Poweredge 2850 Server with PCI-X Slots, 64Bit Linux from SuSE
and Hylafax thats should work together.

I bought an active ISDN Card (AVM B1) because passive ones don't work with
dual-cpu or smp systems as far as I know. Now that I tried to install the
card I've to notice that there are no PCI but only PCI-X slots and thats
not compatible.

What hardware would you advice to get Hylafax running on that maschine? My
first thought was an old modem.... Any other ideas? USB-ISDN-Adapters
working on a 64bit smp system?

Please help me, the project has to be finished.... :-)

Thanks and best regards

Christoph