Re: [hylafax-users] MultiModemISI

George Hansper wrote:

SENDING faxes with Hylafax 4.2.1 on a 2.6.x series kernel is giving me problems,
some of which I solved by adding the following to /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config:

Use2D: No

I'm still investigating whether the problems are due to Hylafax 4.2.1 or
the kernel driver, but I suspect it's hylafax.

In HylaFAX 4.2.1 if you have set "Use2D: no" then it (as before) influences how faxq prepares the image (usually with Ghostscript); however, ModemSoftRTFCC (new in 4.2.x) is enabled in the fax class driver by default, so the fax will still get sent with whatever the highest compression capabilities are on the receiver.

So if setting "Use2D: no" helps you at all without disabling ModemSoftRTFCC then it would indicate that something is wrong with how the image preparation is being done (usually Ghostscript), and not HylaFAX itself, most likely.