Re: [hylafax-users] Email Notification not working

Hi Josh,

welcome to the Club. Notify frustrates me aswell.

With what parameters do you start sendfax ? Is the -D option used ?

What you could do to is to add a few lines to the notify script.

I think they were:

exec >> /tmp/notify.log 2>&1
set -x

just after the comment lines in the begining of the notify script.

Bodo Meisner mailed. these lines to me:

"It will create an empty file /tmp/notify.log or nothing."

When I first used it, I got the information that the user Hylafax uses uucp? could not read the main.cf.

When I corrected this, I got notifications. But there still not perfect. And I have still no clue why they are not as they are supposed to be.

Perhaps you'll have more luck.
Keep me informed

Georg