Re: [hylafax-users] Fax from openoffice

Hi Brian,

I am using faxfrontend ( ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/contrib/faxfrontend ) for faxing from any application on my Debian Sarge workstation. Here is short overview of faxfrontend:
"Faxfrontend is a GUI interface to the HylaFAX (tm) client
programs. It includes a modified version of Sebastiano Vigna's
fax4CUPS to invoke it when a file is printed to a CUPS
printer. With the fax4CUPS interface installed, the user
prints to the fax printer, and the GUI front end is invoked to
get the fax number, etc., from the user.

The program can also be invoked in a standalone mode to queue
a file for faxing.

A rolodex for commonly used fax numbers is provided, and a
status query to the HylaFAX server is displayed after the fax is
queued for transmission.

Faxfrontend is written in Qt, and should run on any Unix-like
system (tested so far only on Linux). The print-to-fax
feature is only implemented for CUPS, but any printing system
that can invoke the program and pass it a fax file as an
argument should work as well.

Slobodan

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions