Re: [hylafax-users] CallerID USR Modem?

Just an FYI of a few months of deliberation.  This was all resolved
after forcing all my USR faxmodems to CLASS 1 instead of using 2.0
here's my config.

ModemType:              Class1          # use class 1 interface
ModemRate:              19200           # rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff         # software flow control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       "ATS13=1&D2#CID=1"      # setup so DTR drop
resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       "AT&C1#CID=1"           # setup so DCD reflects
carrier (or not)
ModemNoFlowCmd:         "AT&H0&I0&R1#CID=1"     # setup modem for no
flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:       "AT&H1&I0&R2#CID=1"     # setup modem for
hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       "AT&H2&I2&R1#CID=1"     # setup modem for
software flow control
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X4          # enable result codes
#ModemResetCmds:         "AT&F#CID=1"
#
ModemMfrQueryCmd:       !USR
ModemModelQueryCmd:     ATI3
ModemRevQueryCmd:       ATI7            # XXX returns a multi-line
result
#
# When AT+FCLASS=1 is issued the modem automatically switches
# to software flow control; these parameters let the fax software
# reset flow control as needed after entering Class 1.
#
Class1NFLOCmd:          "AT&H0&I0&R1#CID=1"     # setup modem for no
flow control
Class1HFLOCmd:          "AT&H1&I0&R2#CID=1"     # setup modem for
hardware flow control
Class1SFLOCmd:          ""              # modem does this automatically
#
# This should resolve "DIS/DTC received 3 times" errors:
#
Class1ResponseWaitCmd:  AT+FRS=1        # wait after sending TCF for
response
#
# The remainder of this configuration is included so that the
# modem "idles" in Class 0 while not sending or receiving facsimile.
#
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FCLASS=0     # leave modem idling in class 0
ModemAnswerCmd:         AT+FCLASS=1A    # answer in Class 1
#
# Disables the reporting of bad frames by the modem.  This
# overcomes a firmware problem in the x2 and V90 Sportsters.
# It is not necessary for the Courier modem.
#
Class2NRCmd:    AT+FNR=1,1,1,0

Keith Hamilton
IT Manager/Software Developer
[847] 451-0451 x121
khamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx

NOTICE - This email and any attachment may contain confidential and
privileged material intended for the addressee only.  If you are not the
addressee, you are notified that no part of this email or any attachment
may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action
related to this email or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return email, and delete this message. Thank you.