Re: [hylafax-users] Weird DID Problems

Zim wrote:

I'm having a problem where occasionally my DID lines are put into lockout state because of what the Bell guy claims the modem isn't resetting the line fast enough, so multiple calls come in during the 1 second or so that it takes to reset the line, and he says 2 failures during this time could put the line in lockout state which takes the lines out of service so dialing them only results in a busy signal.. Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes.

If you look in the modem manual you'll see a "busy out" option for the DID AT commands. You need to use these and make sure that the modem is always busied out while it is resetting/reinitializing. AND, to do this you need to set up the reset-state of the modem to be busied out, only enabling it after the reset is complete. I've varied my approach on this over the past couple years, but take a look at these threads:

 http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-06/msg00059.php
 http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-08/msg00383.php

Here's how I have a couple of them configured:

ModemType:        Class1.0
ModemRate:        57600
ModemFlowControl:    rtscts
Class1EnableV34Cmd:    AT+F34=14,1,2
Class1TCFRecvHack:    yes
Class1TMConnectDelay:    400
ModemReadyCmds:        AT*DS1*DD0*DF1*DN4
CIDNumber:        "DTMF"
CIDNumberAnswerLength:    4
ModemResetDelay:    0
ModemSoftResetCmdDelay:    0
ModemResetCmds:        AT*DS0

With current incantations of HylaFAX CVS HEAD the Class1TCFRecvHack is probably unnecessary (it wasn't very necessary before, either).