Re: [hylafax-users] Template

Paul D. Kraus wrote:

On our sco server we currently use vsifax to send out our PO’s to our vendors. I can send it an ascii file, it takes the data, and then converts it to a decent looking form. Is there anything similar with hylafax?

I could write a perl program that would generate a PS file but working with hand writing PS files is a major pain in the behind.

Well, your vsifax program is doing that "major pain in the behind" for you, and so that's why you have to pay money for it.

If you have an ASCII page with data on it in the proper locations and if you have a corresponding template file with the fields on it in the proper locations, then it's a fairly straight-forward step to merge the two together. Search the mailing list archives for "watermark" and "overlay".

Server-side watermarking should be a bit easier now with current CVS HEAD, as it can be scripted in using the FaxModify feature.