Re: [hylafax-users] MT1932ZBA with DTMF DID

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:18:43 -0800, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No.  I meant what I coded.  Try it.

Boy, do I feel sheepish.
Looking back through the code and testing a few things, I found the
answer I really needed.  It wasn't a code problem at all.  Just an
oversight on my part about the RingExtended configuration option.
Rather, I didn't realize it was there.
That took care of my whole problem.  I added:
RingExtended: "FAXCNG"
to my config and it took care of the whole problem.  I even reverted
back to the out of the box version of hylafax and it works.

So just for posterity,
here are the extra options for DID that I had to add to the
config.ttySX config file for my MT1932ZBA modem:

QualifyCID:             etc/cid
ModemRingResponse:      AT>DT1
ModemRingsBeforeResponse:       1
CIDNumber:              "DTMF"
CIDNumberAnswerLength:  3 (could be anything really)
RingExtended:           "FAXCNG"

Works everytime now.  I guess I thought that when I didn't see the
DTMF come in one at a time that faxgetty wasn't picking them up, but
on the other hand it was just waiting for the next 'ring' to finish
parsing.
I hope that information helps someone else in the future. :)

Thanks Lee for all the ideas and help and for getting me on track to
figure this one out.

Mat Allgood