Re: [hylafax-users] No carrier detected (ok to send test fax)

Joe Hansen wrote:

Nope. AFAIK, we dont have any PBX. We have two independent fax lines with two different numbers. One fax line is used by the fax machines. And the other fax line is used by the fax modem.

Use the line that is usually used by the fax machines and plug it into the fax modem and then test. Make sure that you are dialing the same digits that you dial on the fax machines.

Its very encouraging that you were successfully able to fax from your end using the same modem (but a different firmware). Anything that I should look for?

You may want to try different variations of the firmware to see if any make a difference. If they don't, then something else (other than the modem and HylaFAX) appears to be the difference, and you'll need to just try different things and see... I guess. I don't really know what to tell you from here.