Re: [hylafax-users] problem sending ps and tiff

Giulio Orsero wrote:
This isn't the same command line HylaFAX uses. The paraeters are chosen dynamically based on page size/resolution/....

Try adding as 2nd and 3rd lines of ps2fax the following set -x exec
1>/tmp/mylog 2>&1

then send a fax, then look at /tmp/mylog to see what's happened in
detail.

Yes, this gives a clear hint.

In mylog I get:
+ PS=/usr/bin/gs
+ fil=
+ out=ps.fax
+ pagewidth=1728
+ pagelength=297
+ vres=98
+ device=tiffg3

as defined in the ps2fax script as defaults, but further down there is a:
+ test 6 '!=' 0
+ shift
+ pagelength=280
+ shift

which results in:
+ paper=letter

So the problem is on the side of sendfax giving a wrong pagelength (it
actually is 297mm, a standard a4 page).

Rummaging through the innards of hylafax I saw that NA-LET with 297.4mm
pagelength is the default in the pagesizes-file. Obviously the inverse
match doesn't find the a4 and falls back to the default :-(.

I will have to check, wether this is an error of the printer driver i
chose for the hylafax on the windows client or something else.

What's the top margin patch?

http://www.hylafax.org/patches at the bottom of the page. "Patch to force a specific top margin on faxes. Some remote systems will have trouble receiving faxes without some empty margin at the top. Submitted by Vyacheslav Frolov 28 Mar 01". My remote system didn't have problems receiving the faxes, that's why I didn't think it applies

Thanks a lot

Matthias