Re: [hylafax-users] Both PDF and TIFF Files are corrupted

I just solve this problem a while ago (less than one hour)…. Please change the parameter in setup.cache..

ENCODING=”x-uuencode” change to “base64”, then restart the hylafax, but make sure don’t run the faxsetup, else it will change back to orginal again

From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kimble Young
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 1:49 PM
To: Kendrick
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Both PDF and TIFF Files are corrupted

If the file can be opened by GIMP then it must be fine.

In windows you will need to open with imaging preview or another program supporting fax TIF files. Acd See,  Internet Explorer and most other viewers won't show them despite listing TIF support.

As for conversion to PDF make sure the ghostscript packages are installed properly.

Kendrick wrote:

HylaFax 4.2.1

Fedora 2,

Kernel 2.6.5-1.358

Hi all,

I' m newbie in using hylafax, there' re no problem in sending fax. However, the received fax (TIF) cannot be opened in Windows, but it can be opened in the hylafax server itself by GIMP in Gnome. So I tried to change the FileType to PDF and PS, the PDF format file also cannot be opened, but the PS file can be converted to PDF file and opened successfuly.

The log files are all seems normal and no errors.

Here are the configure files:

etc/config

LogFacility:            daemon
CountryCode:            852
AreaCode:               852
LongDistancePrefix:     9
InternationalPrefix:    001
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1

/etc/config.ttyS0

CountryCode:            852
AreaCode:               852
FAXNumber:              26875172
LongDistancePrefix:     9
InternationalPrefix:    001
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0666
RecvDataFormat:        "2-D MR"
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          medium
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "NothingSetup"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           25
ModemType:              Class2.0
ModemRate:              19200
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1

ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       ATS13=1&D2
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X4
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1

ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM0 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1"

Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0

Class2CQQueryCmd:       !(0),(0)

Class2NRCmd:    AT+FNR=1,1,1,0

Class2SendRTC:  yes

Class2APQueryCmd:       none

(where RecvDataFormat:        "2-D MR" is I added to try to fix this problem, but it can't)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions