[hylafax-users] Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92/faxgetty no answer

Hello

I have been enjoying our Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-U modem for a while, but I am troubled when the modem/faxgetty occasionally does not seem to answer/"pick up".

Every so often (once a week), I will get "NO CARRIER" messages as I send test faxes to this modem.

If I try dialing the number to the modem, it will ring without ever answering.

I do not received "wedged" alerts, so I am pretty sure that faxgetty can still see the modem.

What gets the modem working again is killing the faxgetty process for the modem port, and when faxgetty restarts after the kill, the modem/faxgetty seems to work OK.

Would anyone have any insight as to what could be happening?

Are there any logs (and log settings) that might be helpful in diagnosing this situation?

ServerTracing is set to 1.

I am running 4.2.1 on FC3.

Thank you for any help you may have to offer!

AD

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions