Re: [hylafax-users] Anyone using voice and fax on the same line

On 2005.02.17 12:18 Darrick Hartman wrote:

I never really had a problem with vgetty answering the line and determining if it was a fax or voice call. That's why I thought if vgetty was doing the answering and handing off to hylafax, I'd be better off. Maybe not though from what you're saying.

I don't think that faxgetty is capable of taking the baton from vgetty. It can pass the baton, but not take it.

If vgetty was working for adaptive answer adquately well with this same modem that you want faxgetty (HylaFAX) to use with adaptive answer, then I don't see any reason that faxgetty couldn't work just as well for you in the same capacity.

You'll certainly want to look into the archives for "adaptive answer" and find some good instructions on how to do it right. Messages from Guilio Orsero would be of particular interest.