Re: [hylafax-users] Faxmail + notify

Dan,

This sounds very much like the problem I was having - my version of mawk didn't like some of the code in bin/notify, and so the e-mail would be sent with none of the variables set or parsed by the awk script.

You can verify this by checking your syslog for lines that contain "notify" and running the command yourself --

bin/notify "doneq/q146" "done" "1:17"

When I ran that command myself I got the error message:

awk: line 37: regular expression compile failed (missing operand)

For me, the solution was to modify the bin/notify script by searching for the line that reads:

gsub("*","",status);

...and changing it to:

gsub(/\*/,"",status);

If you get a similar error message running the notify command by hand, can you try the above fix and report back?

Thanks,
Andy MacNamara