Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 and Wedging

While I wait for the free moment, this is the info that shows up in the messages
log regarding the modem. Does this show the firmware version?

MODEM LT V.92 1.0 MT5634ZPX-PCI-U INTERNAL DATA/FAX/VOICE MODEM VERSION 1.32I LT V.92 1.0 MT5634ZPX-PCI-U Internal Data/Fax/Voice Modem Version 1.32i/

This shows as one line. I reformatted it.

Interesting: you actually have a different modem than the ones I use. According to this page:
http://www.multitech.com/SUPPORT/Families/MultiModemZPX/firmware.asp

You have the "3.3 & 5 volt" version, where we have the standard PCI version. I would ask if there is any significant change to the modem.

You also have version 1.32I of the firmware, where we are running 1.25P in production and 1.32C in our test box. One of the 1.32 versions was buggy enough that they recalled it.

Here is our line (in production)
MODEM LT V.92 1.0 MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 INTERNAL DATA/FAX/VOICE MODEM VERSION 1.25P LT V.92 1.0 MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 Internal Data/Fax/Voice Modem Version 1.25p

Hope this helps.

Bill

Very interesting. The modem manual that comes with the modem is the same for all three PCI versions of the MT5634ZPX-PCI.

Is it possible I was shipped or accidentally ordered the wrong cards? What is
the significance of the voltage differences? Sorry I am no PCI expert.

Thanks,

Mike