[hylafax-users] Newbie: "530 Login incorrect" Problem

Hylafax 4.1.5 on OpenBSD 3.6

I am banging my head, probably missing something extremely obvious.

I want to give everyone in 192.168.224.* access to the received faxes.

# cat hosts.hfaxd
localhost
127.0.0.1
faxuser::[hidden]:[hidden]
domain.com$
192.168.224.
*@192.168.224.*$:::
.*\.domain\.com$

# ls -al hosts.hfaxd
-rw-------  1 fax  dialer  121 Feb 16 12:22 hosts.hfaxd

Authenticated login for 'faxuser' works with both userpass and
adminpass. But without specifying user/pass I always get:
---
Feb 16 12:22:38 hylafax HylaFAX[2818]: Login failed from pc.domain.com
[192.168.224.101], anonymous
---

From what I have read in "man hosts.hfaxd", FAQ, and Google at least 1
of the 4 lines I added should work.