Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and openoffice

If Hylafax is runing in GNU/Linux box you can use Salsafax to build a
virtual printer in the Samba server.
Add "Fax Nr.: [fax number]" string to document and print it in the
Salsafax printer, a Samba shared printer.
--
Marco de Freitas,
ISO standards for the Web now! Because my browser isn't a latrine.

http://www.abrasol.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=199
http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byLanguage?language=pt-br
http://www.petitiononline.com/we6k7496/petition.php
http://www.dicas-l.unicamp.br/dicas-l/browsers.php

P escreveu:
--- manderson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Koro wrote:

Now I want to start working with workstation (some
Linux and some Windows
2000 / XP). I want to get the following.... Open an
openOffice document and
be able to send it as a fax..
I have read that it's done installing a kind of
printer, but how do I have
to do it? Which program you recommend me??

Hi Koro

I use Winprint Hylafax to do this from our Windows
clients. The only
problem has been the need to manually edit the
registry when installing XP
machines. Once it is installed, sending a fax is as
easy as printing a
document. File | Print select the "Fax" virtual
printer and enter the
number to dial.

More details here:

http://winprinthylafax.sourceforge.net/

Regards

Mark
--
Mark Anderson
Technical Support Consultant

We have here a script to change the Registry
automatically when the users signon, using WHFC. Works
but never went on production and has limitations like
you must provide a list of users and not getting it
from the AD. I convinced the guy who developed it to
release it here but well, that never happens, we are a
bit lazy  ;-).
Soon he come back from hollydays I will talk with him.