Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and openoffice

--- manderson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Koro wrote:
>
> Now I want to start working with workstation (some
> Linux and some Windows
> 2000 / XP). I want to get the following.... Open an
> openOffice document and
> be able to send it as a fax..
> I have read that it's done installing a kind of
> printer, but how do I have
> to do it? Which program you recommend me??
>
> Hi Koro
>
> I use Winprint Hylafax to do this from our Windows
> clients. The only
> problem has been the need to manually edit the
> registry when installing XP
> machines. Once it is installed, sending a fax is as
> easy as printing a
> document. File | Print select the "Fax" virtual
> printer and enter the
> number to dial.
>
> More details here:
>
> http://winprinthylafax.sourceforge.net/
>
> Regards
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Anderson
> Technical Support Consultant
> Software Solutions Partners

We have here a script to change the Registry
automatically when the users signon, using WHFC. Works
but never went on production and has limitations like
you must provide a list of users and not getting it
from the AD. I convinced the guy who developed it to
release it here but well, that never happens, we are a
bit lazy  ;-).
Soon he come back from hollydays I will talk with him.