Re: [hylafax-users] EOP failures

On 2005.02.10 09:07 Tanel Kokk wrote:

# try transmitting every page three times, continue
# if 3rd try fails as well
max-tries 3
max-tries-continue y

I assume that "continue" means disconnect, redial, and transmit the next pages. Does this actually help anything? Do the next pages go through without any error? I would worry about this kind of fax behavior because "no response to EOP" is indicative of a problem - and we don't know what it is - sometimes the receiver gets the page still. So if this error happened on every page of a 30-page fax then they would get 90 pages total faxed to them in 90 calls, taking up probably more than two hours of modem time.

The behavior that HylaFAX follows now (disconnecting and notifying the sender) allows the sender to contact the administrator for assistence before that kind of catastrophe happens.

If you repeatedly and reproducibly get no response to EOP errors when sending then there is a problem with the modem, with the modem configuration, or some other kind of problem that I do not believe should be ignored with such "workarounds".

Is there similar workaround possible for hylafax?

No, there is no such configurable workaround.

Hylafax-4.2.0
modem: