Re: [hylafax-users] fax completely stuck

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 08:01 -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2005.02.03 04:05 Christian Schnobrich wrote:
>
> > here's the last few lines of the logfile:

> That's as good as you're going to get no matter what logging you use.
[...lots of stuff I don't really understand...]
> then it just tells us that somehow the modem blocked the driver.
>
> > Oh, and... I'm using one of the dreaded USR Couriers. I'm aware that
>
> Well, I have an old 1982 Datsun pickup truck that will leave me

<grin>

Well, even if the cause may be beyond anyone's means, it might still be
possible to deal with the symptoms. Perhaps I didn't say so clear
enough, but I really mean /completely stuck/ -- Hylafax won't recover
from this failure until I log in myself to send a SIGTERM the runaway
job.

Until then, faxstat just tells me that it is still sending job <id>
while other jobs in the queue time out. As I usually don't watch too
closely, I only become aware of this when I receive several "facsimile
job failed" mails due to the timeouts -- in other words, when it's
already too late.

Not recovering from a transfer error might justify a bug report. Truth
be told, I'm sending this to the list in the hope that someone who knows
better than me might perhaps file the bug report if it is necessary --
or tells me about a solution or workaround.
As I'm unable to express the issue in google-friendly search terms, I
didn't find anything on my own.

cu,
Schnobs