[hylafax-users] Failed to properly open control V.34 channel

Hello,

Attached is a log file of an error I see about 10% of the time.  The log
file was quite long (still is) but I significantly reduced the size of
it by deleting redundant lines as marked by <snip xxx>, hopefully I
didn't remove any useful data.

This error seems more likely to occur with hi resolution halftoned
images.  The tiff file I've been sending is 1,234,126 bytes.  Here's
tiffinfo output of the first page:

TIFF Directory at offset 0x64688
  Image Width: 3456 Image Length: 4400
  Resolution: 408, 391 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 4
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  Thresholding: halftone or dithered scan
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Date & Time: "2004:05:25 15:11:50"
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 4400
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Page Number: 0-2
  Group 4 Options: (0 = 0x0)

The version of HylaFAX I'm using I checked out of cvs on Wednesday or
Thursday last week.

I have also tried turning V.34 faxing of on the sending side and
occasionally see this error: "No response to PPS repeated 3 times."

Anyone know what might be the cause of these errors?

Thanks,
Kris