[hylafax-users] Hylafax weird behaviour with a USRobotics Sportster 28800 V.34

Greetings list.

I already posted this list last week, regarding the message "Waiting for
modem to come ready" that I constantly have
when running faxstat. I fixed part of my problem by using the right config
(usr-xon in Class1)

Hylafax now sends 3 or 4 jobs properlly, but seams to get stuck in the
process somewhere, and I have no debug information to show you.
Restarting hylafax does not fix this. Hence, I would need some pointers how
to get some. No idea if the problem is related to the modem
config, the modem itself, or some other configuration settings.

It seams the only way I can get hylafax to work properlly again (for 3 or 4
job, still) is to re-run faxsetup once the queue seams to `stuck`, remove
the modem config and re-run faxaddmodem. Now this is getting annoying.

I send a test fax, about 5 minutes ago, and it is still queued, and i have
no message whatsoever in any log file :

[root@fax etc]# faxstat -sv
Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
220 fax.cam.org server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1.8) ready.
-> USER root
230 User root logged in.
-> PORT 127,0,0,1,14,88
200 PORT command successful.
-> LIST status
150 Opening new data connection for "status".
HylaFAX scheduler on fax.cam.org: Running
Modem ttyS0 (+1.514.596.2268): Waiting for modem to come ready
226 Transfer complete.
-> JOBFMT
200 %-4j %3i %1a %6.6o %-12.12e %5P %5D %7z %.25s
-> PORT 127,0,0,1,14,89
200 PORT command successful.
-> LIST sendq
150 Opening new data connection for "sendq".

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
446  127 W   root 5145293300    0:0   0:12
226 Transfer complete.

Im not sure what to do next in order to debug this.
Any pointers appreciated.

-
Frederic Trudeau <ftrudeau@xxxxxxx>
Programmation / Departement reseau