Re: [hylafax-users] Progressive notification for incoming faxes?

On 2004.06.16 04:14 Enver ALTIN wrote:
Hi,

We're trying to setup an incoming fax server, which probably will be
receiving long fax jobs possibly with 10 or more pages for each.

HylaFAX works very well, but it provides notification after the whole
retrieval is complete. This means, we have to wait until 10 pages
arrive
in, then get the file and print it out or forward somewhere.

This is a problem where time is critical and progressive retrieval is
requirement, and existing documentation doesn't seem to provide any
information about this subject.

Can HylaFAX do this? I mean, can we receive notifications for incoming
pages, instead of jobs?

HylaFAX cannot do this natively, there is no configuration for it.

You can make some code changes to make it happen, though. I've done it once for one client. It's really an ugly hack. HylaFAX was built ground-up under the premise that nothing should happen until the fax was completed. Without a lot of recoding there's not going to be a "pretty" way to do this kind of thing (i.e., making it configurable).